This is easy to make and absolutely delicious for breakfast or for snacking any time of the day!
It keeps very well in an air tight tub or jar.
6 parts oats,
1 part wheat bran / oat meal
1 part chopped Fairtrade nuts
1 part Tropical Wholefoods Fairtrade apricot kernels
1 part sesame seeds
1 part sunflower oil
1 to 2 parts Fairtrade runny honey
1 part chopped Tropical Wholefoods Fairtrade sun dried apricots
1 part Fairtrade raisins
1. Heat your oven to 150C.
2. Make your own granola by mixing together in a roasting pan the oats, wheat bran / oat meal, chopped nuts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
3. In a small saucepan, gently warm together, 1 part sunflower oil, 1-2 parts runny honey, depending on how sweet you like things.
4. Spoon over the mixture in the pan and mix around to coat evenly.
5. Roast in the oven for about 45 mins to 1 hour (depending on how full the pan is). Stir thoroughly every 15 minutes.
6. Take the pan out of the oven. The granola should be a nice golden baked colour. Whilst the mixture is still hot, immediately add chopped apricots, mango / pineapple, raisins.
7. Allow to cool and store in air tight container.